cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect Group Best Practices

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

I was wanting to implement FlexConnect. I had a question regarding the best practices or recommendations regarding FlexConnect Groups.

I have multiple remote locations with 1-7 APs and some campus locations with 20+ APs. We have a standard for VLANs across nearly all remote locations excluding some that are legacy and pending upgrades/standardization. Campus locations can be a little more sporadic when it comes to VLANs. Would it be best to make a FlexConnect group for each remote location and one for each campus location, or would it be better to group some of the remote locations by their regions/states? 

1 Reply 1

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have always done Flex groups by each site to allow ability to alter single sites in future, and to get around the limitation of number of APs per flex group

But if your running a 9800 you could have 1 or 2 Flex Profiles relating to the VLANs you need to drop into, and then have a site tag per site with the approperate Flex Profile assigned to it.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card