cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect on a 5508

choclateer
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to install a new network for a client with 22 branch offices using a 5508 WLC. The branches all connect to the internet thru various layer3 interfaces, routers and various service providers. I had planned to use FlexConnect mode, but I heard that I cannot use just one SSID for all the branch offices. I was told I will need 22 different SSIDs and vlans and subnets. This cannot be true. Does anybody know? I need all branch offices to use the same SSID as the main office.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is not true. You can have the same WLAN at all locations. As for the VLAN it oils be the same or different depending on how you decide to build the LAN.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is not true. You can have the same WLAN at all locations. As for the VLAN it oils be the same or different depending on how you decide to build the LAN.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve is right like always:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card