Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect Vlan Mapping Report

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has a solution to report on FlexConnect Vlan Mappings.

The only way I now of is to look at each AP individually, which is very time consuming.  We have trouble sometimes with the templates not applying properly, and sometimes after a power outage we have AP's that lose there mappings.  Because of this we need a way to report on this.

I know you can do a:

show ap config general AP_NAME on the controller, but there is no way to do this for all the AP's at once.

Any ideas?

Dan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan,

I don't use putty, but I use SecureCRT and have a large buffer in which I can cut and paste.  I do have to log the output to a text file if I have a large number of access point.  This I believe you can do with putty.  So as long as you have the cli scipts for the show ap config general <ap name>, you should be good to go.  Make sure you also issue the show paging disable prior to you entering these commands.  I use excel to create my commands from the show ap summary.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can run a show ap summary and pull all the APs names and them from that generate a cli command for show ap config general <ap name> and then parse that data. That is how I use to do it. Now I just have a command list that maps the wlan to Vlan and just issue it to all access points.

-Scott

-Scott

I am interested to see your cli commands for parsing the data, if you are willing to share.

As far as mapping the wlan to the vlan, that is not a problem as we have Prime to do that part.

Thanks,

Dan.

I use EditPad Pro with regular expressions to parse the native Vlan and all wlan ID's so I can quickly review what has changed. I use the CLI just to generate the show ap config General for all access points. Now is this the cleanest way, probably not, but it has worked for me in the past. Like I mentioned, I too would push out the cli commands from PI every day like at 4am to make sure all the access points have the correct calm mapping. 

-Scott

-Scott

Alright, the parsing makes sense, I think I can do that part.  

How do you pull the config from the cli for each ap automatically?  For me it doesn't seem like I can paste in more than one show command using putty.

Dan,

I don't use putty, but I use SecureCRT and have a large buffer in which I can cut and paste.  I do have to log the output to a text file if I have a large number of access point.  This I believe you can do with putty.  So as long as you have the cli scipts for the show ap config general <ap name>, you should be good to go.  Make sure you also issue the show paging disable prior to you entering these commands.  I use excel to create my commands from the show ap summary.

-Scott

-Scott

I created a little tool to solve this issue

https://github.com/ccie32305/ciscoflexconnectreport

[@neidlein.p]  worked great.  Thanks

On what os should I run this?  I can't seem to find the dependencies on Centos.

Thanks,

Dan.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card