cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FN70489: Question on Workaround Option 3 - Create a Self-Signed PKCS12 Certificate

ipedrosa
Level 1
Level 1

The Field Notice FN70489 is affecting an IW3702 that I got for setting up a test lab. I can use CLI and make changes in the parameters and get it working but I need the GUI interface for verification purposes. With this issue, I can browse into the main page, get into the "easy setup menu" and input the changes I need to make but the moment I click on save, i get a "404 not found" blank screen. The changes do not take effect and when I reload the page, the "easy setup" page is back to default.

According to the FN70489, I can use workaround option 3 and create a self-signed PKCS12 certificate and import it in but the instruction example seems jumbled:

FN70489 Workaround Option 3.jpg

Does anyone have the clear step by step commands for openssl for windows 10 (I'm using CYGwin64) to create the certificate?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the example calls a couple of openssl-commands all in one line. But you can also issue the commands one after the other:

openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout tmp.key -x509 -days 4000 -out tmp.cer -subj "/CN=SelfSignedCert" &> /dev/null

openssl pkcs12 -export -in tmp.cer -inkey tmp.key -out tmp.bin -passout pass:Cisco123

openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -password pass:Cisco123 -inkey tmp.key -in tmp.cer

rm tmp.bin tmp.key tmp.cer openssl base64 -in certificate.pfx

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

the example calls a couple of openssl-commands all in one line. But you can also issue the commands one after the other:

openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout tmp.key -x509 -days 4000 -out tmp.cer -subj "/CN=SelfSignedCert" &> /dev/null

openssl pkcs12 -export -in tmp.cer -inkey tmp.key -out tmp.bin -passout pass:Cisco123

openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -password pass:Cisco123 -inkey tmp.key -in tmp.cer

rm tmp.bin tmp.key tmp.cer openssl base64 -in certificate.pfx

That worked.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card