cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP on 2504 WLC

joeq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I have just recently upgraded to the latest firmware 8.3.112.0  and now can not upload or download via FTP. can someone confirm that there is a bug or not?

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upload/download from a wired connection. I know that code can't be uploaded to the controller while connected to an access point joined to that controller. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

no I am not connected to it via ap, I am hard wired into the management port. I just tried tftp, and it worked fine. just the FTP stopped. and I was just trying to upload a backup of the config and trying to upload a new web auth package. here is the ftp log error:

*TransferTask: Apr 29 23:04:48.837: %UPDATE-3-FTP_TRANSFER_FAIL: updcode.c:8904 Error FTP file Transfer [ftp_put], <28>, Connection timeout.

You sure you don't have a firewall on the machine blocking ftp?  If it is a bug, then if you downgrade to any other code, ftp would work. Have you been able to ftp on that same controller prior or is this a new controller?

-Scott 

-Scott

yes it is not a firewall issue, tried with a computer behind the same firewall and ftp works perfectly. and yes it worked before on the same controller with 2 other older firmware versions.

I was referring to the laptop FW.  Well there are no bugs showing for that code version. So I would have to say, open a TAC case and have them look at it so they can log it as a bug if indeed it is an issue.

-Scott 

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card