Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting RSSI Level of iBeacon Packet from APs

Hi,

Let me briefly describe my problem.

In our office, there are 4 AIR-AP4800 model AP and Wireless Controller 3004. Also, there is Cisco CMX running.

These AP have iBeacon reception capability and Cisco CMX can locate iBeacon tag on the our office map.

Also, there is REST API for CMX to get localization details for a iBeacon tag. The REST API request is

https://ipaddr/api/location/v1/bletags/MAC_ADDR.

This request returns these information basically;

• Position of the tag
  • Details of AP which receives the iBeacon with highest RSSI
  • Lots of details

I am sure that, the Bluetooth Low Energy iBeacon packet is received from multiple APs. I suppose that all APs received the iBeacon packet.

I am wondering that, is there any way to get RSSI level of the iBeacon packet from  ALL APs which receives the iBeacon packet? I does not matter, it might be CMX RESTFUL API or Wireless Controller Command.

I think that All APs that receive the iBeacon packet, know the RSSI level of the packet. Is it possible to get this information from APs?

Best regards.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@ErdemSimsek26653 wrote:

Also, there is Cisco CMX running.

Only CMX?  How about Web CMX?  

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

sh controllers ble 0 all
sh controllers ble 0 interface

Hello,

I atteched the output of these commands in below.

Thanks for helping me.

cisco1.PNGcisco2.PNG

Hello,

I have a few questions about capabilities of BLE module in APs.

1. What is the meaning of Scan Timer Interval, when I typed sh controllers ble 0 timers?
    1. Can I change Scan Window and Scan Interval of the BLE module ?
  2. Which channels does BLE module scan ?
    1. I mean that, it scans all advertising channels.
  3. Is there a way to get output of sh controllers ble 0 scan detail MAC_ADDR from switch ?
    1. Is it possible to provide multiple MAC_ADDRs to previous command ? Probably, we would like to scan all ibeacon we have in the facility with their packet details.
  4. What is the version of Bluetooth Stack you have for devices that have 2.4.16 firmware version.
    1. Is it Bluetooth v4.2 or v5?
  5. Is it possible to decrease Scan Timer Interval values ? You can check when you typed sh controllers ble 0 timer command.

Best regards.

Hi,

Do you have any update about my issue?

Is there any cisco assistant that will help me? I am waiting for an answer

Best regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card