Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest SSID and vlan with PSK and web passthrough

Rich Bibby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1600 series AP's in autonomous mode.  I have 2 SSID's: 'corp' and 'guest' both in separate vlan's with 802.1q sub-interfaces. Corp uses radius and guest uses a PSK, and access is restricted to internet only from the guest.  this set up works fine, but corporate policy dictates that I need to present a disclaimer to guest users after they authenticate with the PSK, and before they access the internet. 

Can anybody advise on how to do this or provide a configuration example?  I believe that the solution lies in using Web Pass-through, but the only guide I can find is this one: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/atnms-ap-82/configuration/guide/cg-82-book/cg-chap11-authtypes.pdf

This is great as far as it goes, but the part that I don't understand is this 'Web Authentication or Web Pass-through works in an interface only when there is no VLAN. The IP admission Web_auth or IP admission Web_passthrough must be configured in the VLAN when the SSID is mapped to the VLAN'

Can anyone advise how to 'configure web_passthrough in the VLAN' like this mentions?

Thanks in advance for any help

Rich

2 Replies 2
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card