Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest user creation via API

I think I read somewhere there is an API for creating guest users on a WCS/WLC.

I am looking for a way to intergrating the creation into a intranet page.

Can somebody confirm such API and maybe point to a place to find it?

7 Replies 7

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

There is no API available for WLC except for communication with WCS but you could use custom/3rd-party SNMP tools to integrate API.

armonk_netdesk
Level 1
Level 1

I think you are referring to the API available in the NAC CAS server

Yes. This has been confirmed by Cisco. An api description and some examples will be posted on "developers central" shortly. As it seems WCS has quite a few functions availably using it's Northbound API. The api will use SOAP/XML for interface.

That is great news.

I ende up sniffing the traffic from the WCS to the WLC with wireshark and saw the reuqiered SNMP OID's for making a guest user.

So I have made a little (ugly) perl script that make a guest user on the WLC, send a email to a sponsor and send a SMS via kannel.

Ugly, but its cover our need for now.

But a API will make life (and the perl script) alot nicer.

Thanks for the info.

hi there!

i was just looking for any API information regarding guest account creation. following information in this topic i took a look at developer support central but no further information available yet.

would it be possible for you to share your (ugly :)) perl script?

cheers,

Dimitri

After some request I have tried to make my script a little generic.

So use it if you want.

Enjoy,

Steffen

hi, thanks for sharing this, will let you know when I have eventually used it :)

cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: