cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA SKU AP fallback is not working

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

According to the N+1 deployment guide, when the primary controller comes back up/online, the APs on the secundary (HA SKU) controllers should fallback to the primary. During my tests, this did not work. I enabled "AP Fallback" on both primary and secundary (HA SKU) controllers, but the APs remain on the secundary (while the primary was back online). Only after a boot of the secundary, did the APs go back to the primary. Is this normal ?

How long can it take for an AP to fallback ? I waited 10 minutes.

NOTE: the HA SKU is going to server multiple controllers, so he is not configured with the IP or name of any primary controller. I guess it is the AP itself that needs to remember what his primary controller was....

regards,

Geert

2 Replies 2

Yahya Jaber
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

- make sure AP SSO is disabled.

- configure backup controller on the primary. WLC GUI>Wireless>Access points>Global Config

- configure high availablity tab on the AP's

- made sure that the names of the WLC on the AP high availablity tab are identical "case sensitive"

see below

- make sure AP SSO is disabled.

>> checked and true

- configure backup controller on the primary. WLC GUI>Wireless>Access points>Global Config

>> is done

- configure high availablity tab on the AP's

- made sure that the names of the WLC on the AP high availablity tab are identical "case sensitive"

>> ha, this is interesting. Are you saying that i need to configure this tab on each and every AP for AP fallback to work ??

>> I thought configuring the global redundancy Wireless -> Global Config would be enough (backup primary controller)

regards,

Geert

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card