Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP! how to plan small/mid business

Yamani313
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the basic configuration is already done (staticly)

From the Wireless controller system (WCS) I can see the controller and the lwapp.

we are thinking to add more APs in diffrenet places and control each device.

anyways, now after the basic configuration what should I do ?

add more aps? or upload the map or the security?

Can you please give me an advice how to plan a small/ mid business building with 3 floors

br

Yamani

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know how far you have gotten, but once you get the WLC and AP's up, test and make sure it meets your requirements.  You don't need WCS right now.  Do all the SSID, security stuff and then test again.  When you have that working, then you can move on.  Once you have a stable environment, then go ahead and add AP's and make sure again that you have signal where you require signal and that everything works.  After that, then go ahead and add the floor plan to WCS and AP's to the map.  WCS is for management and doesn't need to be up in order for your wireless to work.  Hope this helps.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know how far you have gotten, but once you get the WLC and AP's up, test and make sure it meets your requirements.  You don't need WCS right now.  Do all the SSID, security stuff and then test again.  When you have that working, then you can move on.  Once you have a stable environment, then go ahead and add AP's and make sure again that you have signal where you require signal and that everything works.  After that, then go ahead and add the floor plan to WCS and AP's to the map.  WCS is for management and doesn't need to be up in order for your wireless to work.  Hope this helps.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card