Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Needed WLC 4402 No Bootup Dead

mr_fc
Level 1
Level 1

HI Experts,

I tried to upgrade the cisco boorloader pf WLC 4402 from version 4 to 7.2. I updated ER.Aes FOR 7.2 (EARLY RELEASE.aes). It was updated perfectly and then I rebooted controller....now i can only see blank screen  from connected console

I tried the flash of other lan controller but its not working because the issue is in the ROM as the boadloader file is in the ROM which is corrupted now

i want the solution to upgrade the boatloader file inside the ROM.

Any Advice/Solution will be highly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello.

Platform WLC 4402 does not support 7.2 version. 7.2 version is supported only on new platforms (5508, WiSM2, 2500...etc).
I think you haev to contact Cisco for what is happening. They would advice you better. The RMA may the only possibility to fix the device. Cisco TAC would advice you better though.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

david.vanherck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a similar thing: the WLC was not booting properly, so I set a new bootloader AIR-WLC4400-K9-7-0-250-0-ER.aes and after reset of WLC, I don't have any output on console. Have you found a way to set the ROM yourself?

Greets,

David

David, 

Contact TAC and get your appliance RMA-ed.  There's not thing you can do.  

Hi Leo,

The box is from our lab, so there's no valid maintenance contract on it, so I can't RMA it. I have check the Compact Flash and it only has 2 files, what's not normal. I need to have a working 4402 to copy files from and test it again and that's the problem: we don't have 2 4402 in our lab...

Greets,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card