cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I 'prime' APs with Name and IP address of Primary Controller?

ntwkdsnr123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a couple of 5520's running in SSO HA mode.

I want to make sure that the APs are primed with the name and IP address of our primary controller.

We had a situation where some APs were using dhcp to obtain an IP address and not using the static address that was configured for it on the controller.  This happened after the APs were reloaded.

Should I fill in the Controller Name and Management IP Address under the High Availability Tab for each AP?

Thanks,

Ed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7
Yes, it is ok to do this. Make sure you put the correct name and IP address as the primary.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@ntwkdsnr123 wrote:

I have a couple of 5520's running in SSO HA mode.

I want to make sure that the APs are primed with the name and IP address of our primary controller.

Just want to make this clear:  There are FOUR (4) 5520 and two pairs are in HA SSO.  Is this correct?

Sorry, I may not have been clear.  Just 2 5520's in HA SSO mode.

Thanks,

Ed

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7
Yes, it is ok to do this. Make sure you put the correct name and IP address as the primary.

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I would say that the solution to the problem that you are describing is to actually get the MAC addresses of each of the wireless access points and add static reservations to the DHCP server so that they are always given the same IP address.  We have had the same issue and that was our resolution.

Please mark helpful posts.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card