Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how many mac can I set in an autonomous AP

How many MAC Can I configure in an autonomous AP when I configure an SSID whit MAC authentication in the local MAC

address list.

Thanks.....

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Theoretically you can get up to around 200, but the practical limit is really more like 20.

Are you using this as a ACL 700 to keep users off if the wireless, or for authentication? If you are using it for authentication, you would be better off pushing that off to an AAA server.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

50 client devices

check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_10b_JA/configuration/guide/scg12410b-chap9-localauth.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make sure to rate correct answers

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

As a local authenticator, the access point performs LEAP and MAC-based authentication for up to 50 client devices.

The access point can authenticate up to 50  wireless client devices using LEAP or MAC-based authentication. The  access point performs up to 5 authentications per second.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card