Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure second wlc

Hi I am getting little confuse about the configuration of my second WLC .

I have a project going on with main office and 10 sites . I have placed my primary WLC 5508 with software 6.0 and all the branches i deployed

ap .  I put all the AP in Hreap mode did VLAN MAPPING . And i Created Groups based on the location and i put this AP's insde those group .All

the sites seems perfectly working. Now  I have to place my sedcond WLC  in one another branch . I did all the initial configuration of my 2nd WLC .

But am worried if my primary wlc fail how could it can be taken to second WLC . And if i put inside wireless--> hight avaliabilty--primary ip and secondary ip .

Again do i need to configure those WLAN ,  AP GROUPS , everythink in this WLC sepretely or any option . If i need to create the group do i need to select the ap's which already added to primary wlc groups..

Can anybody help me out on this.. Thanks..

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure each wlc the same, wlans, ap groups, etc.  The only difference would be ip addresses.  The ap's will know what ap group it belongs to so there is no need to add them to the ap group on the other wlc.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card