Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to extract data from WLC?

Hi,

I'm using WLC, I need to extract data of devices that connected to the WLC. Please let me know.

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can try to do a show client summary in the WLC CLI or use NCS/CPI to get more info about clients.

Reagrds

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Thank you! But I'm not sure whether the cli cmd prompt is enabled for me. I couldn't find the cli/shh to enter the command. 

Thank you.But not sure whether the cli/shh is enabled. Is there any other options that I can export all the devices details from wlc using GUI

For a list of clients you can go to Monitor -> Clients but that only provides data on general stuff like mac adderss, protoclol in use and username. If you want further details I definitely recommend going via CLI. SSH is enabled by default so if you can get to the HTTPS GUI you should be able to connect via SSH too unless it was deliberately disabled or a FW blocking it etc.

Alternatively you can get the WLC into Cisco Prime and use API calls to pull client data but it depends how much you want to complicate things. Prime comes at a cost too.

Ric
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Thank you! We will try with Cisco prime. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card