cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to prevent a choice of a specific channel in case of autodetection channel (is solved!)

Anton Pestov
Level 1
Level 1

There is AIR-AP1142N-R-K9 with configured auto detection of frequency:

interface Dot11Radio0

channel least-congested

!

interface Dot11Radio1

channel least-congested

!

How to prevent a choice of a specific channel in case of 'channel least-congested' on 'interface Dot11Radio0' (for example, prevent from autodetection 'channel 13') ?

6 Replies 6

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Anton,

If dynamic selection of frequency is opted, and you want a particular group of frequency be not selected,

follow the below step

Remember different frequency groups are represented by the 15 diff. channels

dfs band frequency-group block

Example:

AP(config-if)# dfs band 1 2 block

Prevents an access point from selecting a specific group of frequencies during DFS.

The frequency-group value can be 1, 2, 3, or 4:

1 specifies frequencies 5.150 to 5.250 GHz.

2 specifies frequencies 5.250 to 5.350 GHz.

3 specifies frequencies 5.470 to 5.725 GHz.

4 specifies frequencies 5.725 to 5.825 GHz.

At least one group of frequencies must be specified. Multiple groups are allowed.

Hi, Saurav Lodh

Cisco 1142 with current IOS doesn't support this commands. Even if this command would be supported, all the same it restricts only the certain unit of frequencies on the 5GHz-interface (interface Dot11Radio1).

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

I'm not sure you can do what you want in IOS.... Can you buy a WLC?

Hi, Richard

How WLC will cope with it? It executes the same operations & automatically sets up frequencies on all points, but it doesn't decide an objective.

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Two choices at the same time not possible.

Either you may select autodetect or the desired channel.

Hi, Abha

It not absolutely so... I found a solution, as it turned out, all the "brilliant and simple," I wonder why I just did not see it

interface Dot11Radio0

channel least-congested 2412 2417 2422 2427 2432 2437 2442 2447 2452 2457 2462 2467

!

...thus the channel is selected, only the frequency of the proposed (in example: 1 through 12, exclude 13)!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card