cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How-To Troubleshoot Audio Problems on 7925g

ocsic25
Level 1
Level 1

I've read numerous best practices posts, guides, etc. but am still struggling with resolving wireless audio issues at one of my smaller sites.

Some background:

- The site has (5) AP's - all 1142N's and a fast 10

- I've tried the newest firmware for the 7925g's (1.4.3SR1.2) as well as our current approved "standard" firmware - 1.4.2 but the users claim there is no noticeable improvement.

- The site runs off the same controller as other remote sites I manage - and none of them are complaining of any issues.

- I'm forcing the phones to run 5ghz and have disabled data rates 6 & 9mbps.

- I'm not able to reproduce the issue after several test calls to both internal and external phones, but the users insist the problem occurs with "about half" the phone calls" and even if they are standing still.

I have run the site survey tool on the 7925g and the only warnings it provides is that my beacon value is not 100 and that I don't have Spectrum management enabled/supported by the AP's.  I'm seeing adequate AP coverage (signal levels greater than -67 from at least one AP at a given time).  I'm not certain why the report is telling me my beacon value is 102 - I've double-checked in NCS and the controller and it is set @ 100 as recommended...

From what I've read - one way audio is usually due to power level mismatches between the devices and the AP's - however unless I'm missing something I believe I have DTPC enabled...

I do know the code I'm running on my controller(s) is outdated and am in the process of scheduling that - however as I said before this is the only site that is complaining of issues with the 7925g's and I have over 300 of them deployed at various locations.  Any insight as to what I'm missing would be much appreciated.

I may just open a TAC case but wanted to post here first!  Thank you.

18 Replies 18

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I missed your comment about 7.0.230.0. There is a pretty significant issue on that release, which is why I recommended to upgrade to 7.0.235.0 or 7.0.235.3.
Believe the issue was with broadcast key rotation where ARP traffic and other broadcast traffic may not flow properly. This can lead to issues with call setup.

So I strongly recommend to upgrade to 7.0.235.3 when you can.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for the follow-up migilles.  Unfortunately our corporate office (which sets the standards of course) has not yet approved any code newer than 7.0.230.0 - which is why I only upgraded to that release.  Have not heard from the users yet to see if the changes made any improvement.

Understood, which is why I am giving you the heads up so you can go ahead and get the process going asap. 

CSCtz19309 is the defect I was referring to, but there are some other significant fixes in 7.0.235.0 as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_0_235_0.html#wp786573

CSCtz19309

PMK cache entry for a CCKM client after a valid fast roam is set to zero.

CSCtx03676

Radio core dump. Transmission stops. Off-channel deauthentication frames are stuck.

CSCtc12426

Wireless packets wedge radio interface input queue.

CSCto02968

Memory leak issue.

ocsic25
Level 1
Level 1

Update:

The users have reported no issues over the last few business days so I am hopeful the changes I implemented here has resolved the issues.  Thanks again to everyone who posted suggestions!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card