Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use DNAC to migrate to 8540 (N+1 HA) from 5504

SNGreene
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently working on standing our 8540 WLCs using DNAC. This will our first time using DNAC to complete this migration. Is this possible? If so is the any documentation that will explain how to implement (complete) this? Has any one used DNAC to migrate their WLCs?

We plane to set the 8540 using the N+1 HA as our DR is not on campus and will house our backup controller. How do I configure these controllers using DNAC? is this possible? How do I migrate the APs from the 5504 to the 8540?

Thank you for your help

2 Replies 2

I have read this document a few and times. I am still very confused by it. We will have one 8540 in our local DC and the other in our DR site to the north of the state. Since they will be in different geographical locations and based on this document, I assume we will need to use the N+1 setup, but I read in a doc that the "N+1 HA with HA-SKU is supported on the Cisco 2504, 5500, 7500, and 8500 Series of standalone Wireless Controllers and WiSM2 controllers." https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-3/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_1_3/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_1_3_chapter_01011.html

So will I need to use the HA-SKU, are these the same, or I can actually do the N+1?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card