cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP not allocating correct ip address!

lee.owen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Help please!

I have two sites.
Main site (local) has two Vlans: Vlan1 and Vlan2. Each has its own IP address range.
VLAN 1 is the default Vlan and is used for CORPorate traffic. IP range 10.33.4.*
VLAN 2 is for guest access to the internet IP range 10.10.10.*
I have a WLC4402 on the this site with 2 WLANs: CORP on Vlan1 and GUEST on Vlan2.

I also have..

Branch site (remote) which has 2 Vlans: Vlan1 and Vlan2. Each has its own IP address range.
VLAN 1 is the default Vlan and is used for CORPorate traffic. IP range 10.125.15.*
VLAN 2 is for guest access to the internet IP range 10.10.11.*
I have an 1141 on this site using HREAP.

Each site has its own internet pipe

My Issue is:

Locally, if you connect to CORP, you get a CORP ip address and access to CORP network. If you connect to GUEST, you get a guest ip address and guest access to the guest network. Simple so far....

Remotely, if you connect to CORP, you get a CORP ip address 10.125.15.x and access to CORP network (great). If you connect to GUEST, you get a CORP ip address 10.125.15.x and access to CORP network (not great). This is with the HREAP native vlan ID for the access point set to 2 on the controller.
If I set the native vlan ID to 1 on the controller, I can not get an IP address at all.
If I do not set the native vlan ID on the controller, I can not get an IP address at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks.

2 Replies 2

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

At first what is the idea of the the Hreap?

On the remote side should wireless clients be getting an IP address from that network  or should these be getting an IP from your local network?

Please send us the show run from the remote switch, and show cdp neig.

From the WLC show us the configuration of the AP and thef vlan assignment and the show run-config

Thanks

Thanks for the response Dmantill. I've resolved the issue now. I logged onto the the upstream switch and realised that the switch port was not trunked and was not tagged for Vlan 2  (guest). All works great now.

Many thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card