cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't download config file from WLC 2500

emendezg92
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried to download configuration file from my WLC 2500 but it always fails.

At the beginning, I thought that if I put a name in the File Name field this file would be downloaded with that name, but everytime I tried it failed.

Then I tried creating a new empty file in my destination folder named "backupwlc" (without quotes) and I put the same name in the File Name field. Viewing my FTP server logs apparently it works, but the file backupwlc still empty and then via GUI I saw this message from WLC: "File is not intended for this product!Error while downloading the configuration file. Hint: Please specify the encryption key if the file was encrypted." but I've never used Configuration File Encryption.

If try this but via CLI I have another messages:

FTP Config transfer starting.

FTP receive complete... updating configuration.
*TransferTask: May 04 15:56:08.830: %OSAPI-5-FILE_DEL_FAILED: osapi_file.c:296 Failed to delete the file : /mnt/application/xml/clixmlConfigfile. osapiFsDeleteFile.(errno 2)
-Traceback: 0x1106a030 0x10025944 0x100386b4 0x110888cc 0x12763510 0x127de57c

File is not intended for this product!

(Cisco Controller) >*emWeb: May 04 15:56:09.745: %OSAPI-5-FILE_DEL_FAILED: osapi_file.c:296 Failed to delete the file : /bsn/config_parse_result.txt. osapiFsDeleteFile.(errno 2)
-Traceback: 0x1106a030 0x10f6d0ec 0x10fd0ad8 0x10fab4c4 0x10ff3118 0x10fde97c 0x10fdbd90 0x10fca474 0x10ff7a10 0x110888cc 0x12763510 0x127de57c

Here my FTP configurations in WLC:

Mode............................................. FTP
Data Type........................................ Config
FTP Server IP.................................... 10.10.1.146
FTP Server Port.................................. 21
FTP Path......................................... ./
FTP Filename..................................... backupwlc
FTP Username..................................... wlc
FTP Password..................................... *********
Encrypt/Decrypt Flag............................. Disabled

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That that download/upload is from the controllers perspective - not yours.  So the controller needs to "upload" the config to you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

File is not intended for this product!

Sounds like the controller is trying to DOWNLOAD the file and not upload. 

Please post the complete output to the command "transfer upload start".

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That that download/upload is from the controllers perspective - not yours.  So the controller needs to "upload" the config to you.

Thank you Philip! It is habitual to me that I always "download" files from devices, that's why I was confused.

Alas the controller is even more ego-centric than humans.

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
unable to download config file with 20 country codes
CSCuu90632
Description
Symptom:
unable to download config file with 20 country codes

Conditions:
Able to configure 20 country code through CLI and GUI. After configured 20 country code i have uploaded config file then while download the same configure file getting below Error message in GUI

Error: Mandatory CLI "config country" has invalid country code. Error while downloading the configuration file. Hint: Please specify the encryption key if the file was encrypted.

note : while upload and download i have not used encryption

Workaround:
none
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card