Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to intergrate WLC 2100 with ACS 5.0

i have a cisco ACS version 5.0, I need to authenticate a wireless users connected to WLC 2100 controller

when i connect the controller to a Dot1x port in the switch , the port go down.

if any help

6 Replies 6

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are mistaken on one point. You cannot enable dot1x on the port where the WLC is.

The WLC does dot1x "over the air" with the wireless clients. So the WLC acts like a switch that would block access to wireless clients until the ACS granted access.

So don't enable dot1x on the WLC port, just in the SSID configuration on the WLC itself and configure the ACS as radius server in the WLC.

Hope it helps.

Nicolas

could you pleas advise what is the reuerid configuration for the WLC with Version 4 and also the ACS with version 5.0.

Laith,

Nicolas is right about the dot1x switchport.  If you want to authenticate all users on a specific SSID using 802.1x, then you will need to configure the radius serve in your WLC under Security | Radius | Authentication.  Then on the WLAN SSID, you need to set the radius server information on the WLAN | SSID | Security | AAA.  I suppose the radius already has a certificate installed since you are using dot1x on the switch side.

Here are some links:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_configuration_example09186a0080b4cdb9.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665d18.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Laith,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards

Dear Vinay,

i used the first link, it was solved the problem

BR

Thanks for the update Laith. Please mark this question as answered.

Regards,

Vinay Sharma

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card