cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inquiries about the maximum number of mac filters set during WLC 9800.

yw.rhee
Level 1
Level 1
Recently installed and operating WLC9800. 
I had a question while setting up the mac filter.
Other vendor equipment has a limit of 100 or 200, but what about the WLC9800 information?
I searched the technical documentation on Google and couldn't find it, so I'm asking.
Please reply if you know, thank you in advance.
The current OS version is 17.9.3.
6 Replies 6

yw.rhee
Level 1
Level 1
The items displayed when checked with show run are as follows. I wonder how many of these items can be set.

username mac aaa ...

username mac aaa ...

username mac aaa ...

username mac aaa ...

You are right not that i found correct document here like old AirOS has some Limit, Looks for me no Limit.

I have tried some 200MAC List it works on Cat 9800 vWLC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Read this paragraph : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/91901-mac-filters-wlcs-config.html#anc10

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the reply first. 
Checking the link you answered, 2048 is confirmed as the maximum number of MAC filter registrations.
The question is, is the document in that link applicable to the WLC9800?
Looking at the UI, it seems to be a different model, so I would like to inquire additionally.

Looking at the documentation, it seems that the version and model are different.

---------------------------------------------------------

Components Used

The information in this document is based on these software and hardware versions:

• Cisco 4400 WLC that runs software version 5.2.178.0

• Cisco 1230AG Series LAPs

• 802.11 a/b/g wireless client adapter with firmware 4.4

• Aironet Desktop Utility (ADU) version 4.4

Airos you see different information as the new version goes that is what my observation - as  mentioned i do not see any document around related to WLC 9800 - so hardware processing is the Limitation as i take it.

happy to listen and note if any one know correct answer with document welcome

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card