Views
Helpful
Replies

Install Adder License WLC 5508

samudro94
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have several questions. I have 2 WLC 5508 with HA, and now the AP capacity is 175 AP. I just bought a 75 Adder License with a combination of 25 and 50. I have received a delivery email for L-LIC-CT5508-UPG, Does that means I have received PAK for 25 and 50 Licenses also? and how to install the licenses. whether I have to restart both WLCs after installing them?

Thank you,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : http://justdowifi.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-add-ap-licenses-to-cisco-5508.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

That looks correct from what was sent to you. If you need to break that up, you would need to open a TAC case with the licensing team. If you only have to add this to one device, like what @marce1000  mentioned, just install it and see. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : http://justdowifi.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-add-ap-licenses-to-cisco-5508.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

samudro94
Level 1
Level 1

Hai marce,

samudro94_0-1672222331067.png

I only received 1 license after generating PAK, it's correct?

Thank you

- Install the received license according to the mentioned document , and check how many licenses you have available afterwards , 

M.

That looks correct from what was sent to you. If you need to break that up, you would need to open a TAC case with the licensing team. If you only have to add this to one device, like what @marce1000  mentioned, just install it and see. 

-Scott

Hello Scoot,

I bought it for Primary wlc, so whether I need to reboot only Primary wlc or both?

Thank you

You would just need to reboot the one the you install the license on.
-Scott

Hai Scott,

I have read your comment in another post regarding it :

Here is my 2 cents... load the license on the primary and issue: redundancy force switchover. This will reboot the active, make sure it's your primary unit, and the standby will become active. Then when the other controller comes back up and both are in sync, then do another force failover to make the primary unit as active. 

is that what can I do ?

Thank you,

- Not advisable for the new license(s) to become active you need just reboot , (which will restart both SSO-members) , 

M.

samudro94
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have done to add license

Thank you all

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card