Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing License to WLc 2504

khaled alodat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I try to install a new license to the controller i keep recieveing the following error :

Installation Process Failed : Operation timed out

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to make sure it's an adder license and not a base license. That can be the issue. Have you also rebooted the WLC? If they provided you or if they sold you a base license, you will have to get that fixed first. An adder license is what's required.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems like you tftp might be setup wrong. Make sure the firewall for your tftp is disabled and also alienate that you have file extension view enabled in windows explorer if using windows.

-Scott

I've downloaded the existing license from the controller to the tftp server and it went straight away ... so there is no problem for sure in the connection...

Then you have an issue with the license you have. You will need to open a TAC case with the licensing group.

If you have an existing license, then you need an adder license and not a base license. The license is also tied to the WLC serial number.

-Scott

Yes the problem was in the license, I have received another license from Cisco.

Now I have another problem, when I try to install the new license I received the following error ( installing using CLI):

0/1 licenses were successfully installed

0/1 licenses were existing licenses

1/1 licenses were failed to install

Failed license installation at index:0 : New count is less than existing count

Thanks

Khaled,

Were you ever able to get this one resolved? I've now re-purchased an adder license and am also getting this error as well: New count is less than existing count

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a link that shows how to upload via the GUI and or CLI. You just have to make sure your tftp is running and the machine isn't blocking tftp. By default, windows does block it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70ccfg.html#wp1879819

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to make sure it's an adder license and not a base license. That can be the issue. Have you also rebooted the WLC? If they provided you or if they sold you a base license, you will have to get that fixed first. An adder license is what's required.

-Scott

L-LIC-CT2504-5A 5 AP adder license 2504 WLAN controller.

This is the license that I have.

I read an article , if you have 15 license in your wlc you can't add 5 you must go to the 25. Is there anything like this?

Thanks again

That's where it gets confusing. Because you add an adder and when you license it, it should show the total amount. You should be able to open up the lic file an view it. I had a 5 AP count and added a 25 adder with no issues. Now if the doc states you can go from 15 and add 5, then that might be a limitation.

-Scott

Hi ,

its again a wrong license which they have sent.

I've received the correct license and installed it but when I rebooted the controller the license gone, please note that i already have a pack of 15 license active , the new license is a pack of 20 when i installed it the 20 they become the active (in use) and the 15 become inactive, but when i rebooted the controller the 20 just goes( i don't know where) and the 15 become active (in use)

Open a TAC case with the wireless team. They should be able to look at the license you have and review the license that was sent. If the livens is indeed wrong, they can work with the licensing team to get it fixed.

Licensing is the worst part of anything:)

-Scott

I've solved the problem, its a bug in the 7.5 version, i've downgraded the controller to 7.4 to solve the problem .

Thanks Scott.

I've solved the problem, its a bug in the 7.5 version, i've downgraded the controller to 7.4 to solve the problem .

hello ,

I have purchase 3 more licence for cisco WLC 2405 .Now how can i implement our three licence in our wlc 2405 . Please help me . I'm waiting your reply .

Thanks 

Anil Yadav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: