Views
Helpful
Replies

InterController(Aruba and Cisco) Mobility issue

AnilKumar95946
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We are facing user disconnections and slow speed issue on one of our site. We are moving from Aruba 7210 controllers to Cisco C9800 (WIFI 6). We have removed half of our Aruba APs and installed Cisco APs (9120ax). Currently both the controllers are up and running. Users facing issue specially while roaming as we have different subnets on both controllers. SSIDs are same. How we can reduce the user complaints till the time we are fully up with Cisco.   

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would recommend this transition to be as short as possible. TPC and DCA algorithms may not be the same for each controller platform leading to 'collisions' in wireless performance.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Roaming from one WLC manufacturer to another will always be a problem with roaming.  Guaranteed. 

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aruba and Cisco will tell you that this is not supported.  This is kind of a rule of thumb when migrating from one vendor to another.  Since the two will not communicate, roaming will always break and cause client side experience issues.  Until you fully migrate, then that issue will go away.  The best way to migrate is to bring up both in parallel and switch over when ready.  This means both are up, but the radios or the wlan would be disabled on the Cisco and when you switch, you basically enable the Cisco and disable the Aruba.  Unless you have a smaller install, sometimes technicians can swap out all the ap's overnight.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

saravlak
Spotlight
Spotlight

Believe the edge APs where there is overlap causing it, sticky client be ok at some point, for aggressive roaming client -Try reducing power-level, increase rx-sop,.. however, clients moving to cisco from aruba or vice-versa is untrackable to try mitigations appropriately and see what works in those WLCs, temporarily.

IT team can send out broad email to those users to try disconnect and reconnect when there is trouble with wifi.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card