Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPSK with a 8821 phone?

Hey all,

I am currently testing iPSK for devices and so far it has worked fine until I tried to do an 8821 Cisco wireless phone. This connects, ISE shows it allowed, and it reconnects over and over and over. 700 times and counting. I've tested with a laptop, and even a roomba with no issues.

This is what sticks out for me, but not sure if it's the actual issue.

radiusTransportThread: Aug 31 21:16:23.066: c4:44:a0:3f:f6:3c Dot1x Authentication Error:Lrad Mac Address Received for client: c4:44:a0:3f:f6:3c is Zero

I've attached a client debug, but not sure if anyone else has tried iPSK and if they have run into issues.

WLC: 5520 running 8.8.130

ISE 2.6 Patch 7.

I don't think it's a WLC/ISE issue as it works with other devices

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Based on the output provided, I can see below error msg and then client go through the association process again and again. If there is an opportunity, I would test the same configs with 8.10.130.0 WLC code version and check you have the exact same issue.

Dot1x Authentication Error:Lrad Mac Address Received for client: c4:44:a0:3f:f6:3c is Zero

Did not find more specifics about the given error msg on Cisco.com

HTH

Rasik

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Based on the output provided, I can see below error msg and then client go through the association process again and again. If there is an opportunity, I would test the same configs with 8.10.130.0 WLC code version and check you have the exact same issue.

Dot1x Authentication Error:Lrad Mac Address Received for client: c4:44:a0:3f:f6:3c is Zero

Did not find more specifics about the given error msg on Cisco.com

HTH

Rasik

I'll give it a shot since it's just on my test controller.

Well, looks like 8.10.130 worked, so the fun part is I now have to look at and test a software upgrade also. I did have to laugh that a roomba worked fine with iPSK, but not an actual Cisco phone.

Good to hear it works in 8.10.130.0. If you ever hit weird issues like this it is always good to test with another code as most probably issue could be a software defect.

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: