Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a simple way to do url redirect on open SSID

Hello

I have an open SSID on 5508 controllers - configured as anchors  and need to redirect wireless clients to the wireless help page automatically once they have connected and opened their browser.

Is there a simple way of doing this?  I've read all throught the web auth and passthrough discussions on here but nothing seems to be quiet right for me - unless I am completely missing somthing....

Any advice gratefully received

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can redirect them to and external webpage that would host your help page. Or you can try to modify the html to pop open a new page when you click on accept.  That you will have to play with though.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you for your reply Scott

I have tried configuring Conditional Web Redirect under the layer 3 security tab of the WLAN but get the following message

invalid security policy [Auto-Anchor COND-WEB-REDIR]

Do you know if there is another way I can do it?

Thanks

You should be able to set this on the anchor wlc, but you need to defineeither a webauth or passthrough.

Security > Web Auth > Web Login Page > Redirect URL after login

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Take a look at this doc:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13954#Conditional_Web_Redirect

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Scott

Thanks very much for all your help,

I've got the web passthrough working I would have really liked to have no 'accept' page and redirect straight to the wireless help site.  In the end I cusomized the login.html page to show a bit of wireless help info then changed the 'accept' button to say 'more help' then redirect to the wireless help site when clicked.  A big learning curve especially as I didn't realise that uploading the webauth bundle overwrites everything on the WLC existing webauth bundle.... 

All devices are working ok apart from Ipads  - they load the 'accept' page but when they click accept (or more help as ours is configured)  the ipad drops the connection to the help SSID and tries to connect a different SSID

I don't suppose you have seen this rt heard of anyone else having this problem?

Also I've seen a few of your posts sent from an ipad and noticed this

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2155530

Does this mean we could have no 'accept' page and just redirect if I upgrade to 7.2.110.0

Once again thanks for your help Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card