cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to use AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9 in Hong Kong?

kamalnathanp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there a way to use AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9 in Hong Kong. I understand that it's regulatory domain is not meant to be used in Hong Kong but I just need if there is a way this AP can be used in HK by applying certain configuration in WLC.

Thanks!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I strongly recommend you don't. WHEN (not "if") by the authorities there will be a fine (and the fine is usually higher than the price of the AP).

View solution in original post

if you enable multiple country code (europe and hongcong) then...

One thing to remember when running multiple country codes is that you always run the lowest common setting. Only common channels will be allowed.  Power will also be curtailed to the most common one.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should not use diff. regulatory domian AP in your country. 

Regulatory Domain for Hongcong is -S-

To(2702I-E-K9) make it work....... you should configure any Europian country code on cisoc wlc then -E- domain AP will join and it will work.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Thanks for your quick response Sandeep!

If I change to any European country code on Cisco WLC - will this have any impact on existing AP which are already associated to the WLC?

which country is configure don wlc ?

and whcih regulatory domian AP you have ?

One thing to remember when running multiple country codes is that you always run the lowest common setting. Only common channels will be allowed.  Power will also be curtailed to the most common one.

Regards

WLC is configured with Hong Kong. Regulatory domain with -E is what I have at the moment.

Again.. as Leo and I mentioned earler that you should not use wrong/diff AP domain AP.

Now i was asking for old APs regulatory domain (which are alredy assoicated to wlc )!!

Regards

-S, -C domain is currently associated with the WLC.

if you enable multiple country code (europe and hongcong) then...

Regards

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I strongly recommend you don't. WHEN (not "if") by the authorities there will be a fine (and the fine is usually higher than the price of the AP).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: