Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE integration with WLC 7.0 code

john smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

i just need to get clear the douts about the features are not supporting in 7.0 code

The features does not support in this integration are as follows:

• No support for guest clients – posture for guest user is not supported
  • H-reap local switching is not supported -
  • No support for WLAN(s) without 802.1x support.
  • Client will go through posture during slow roam – when client is associated used 802.1x (not wpa2 or cckm) then when client roams from one WLC to other – WLC will send new session ID hence client will again go through posture validation process.
  • No support for guest tunneling mobility.
  • Mac auth. bypass is not supported
  • VLAN pooling is not supported
  • No support for AP group

what are VLAN pooling and Mac Auth. and guest tunneling mobility can you plz explain?

and i need to know that these features are supporting? if yes than in wich code?

specially CWA, VLAN pooling and AP groups?

appreciate your reply!

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ,

As per your query i can suggest you the following link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bba10d.shtml

Hope this will help you.

thanks abhishek

but i did not find answer for this

what are VLAN pooling and Mac Auth. and guest tunneling mobility can you plz explain?

and i need to know that these features are supporting? if yes than in wich code?

specially CWA, VLAN pooling and AP groups?

any idea ?

VLAN Pooling:

Integration of VLAN Pooling, or the VLAN Select feature, in the       7.0.116.0 release provides a solution to this restriction where the WLAN can be       mapped to a single interface or multiple interfaces using interface group.       Wireless clients associating to this WLAN will receive an IP address from a       pool of subnets identified by a MAC hashing algorithm which is calculated based       on the MAC address of the client and the number of interfaces in the interface       group. In the instance that the interface selected from the interface group by       the MAC hashing algorithm does not serve the IP address to the client for some       reason (dhcp server unreachable, dhcp scope exhausted, etc.), that interface       will be marked as dirty and a random interface is selected from the interface       group.

Guset Tunneling:

Mobility, or roaming, is a wireless LAN client's  ability to maintain its association seamlessly from one access point to  another securely and with as little latency as possible. For more detail you can see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70mobil.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card