cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issue with updating ios on ap802

rainmann0
Level 1
Level 1

I have c881w-e-k9 with ap802-gn-e-k9 and when | try to update ios for ap802 I receive the error for brining up ethernet interface:

"ap: ether_init

Initializing ethernet port 0...

Can Not acquire Tx/Rx SYNC maccfg1 is 0x35

Can Not acquire Tx/Rx SYNC maccfg1 is 0x35"

I couldn't find the solving in the inetrnet, on a cisco site too.

Could anyone helps me with this issue?

2 Replies 2

Holyoake64
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem too on a Cisco 887 VAW.

I was following all of the guides on the web for handling Cisco AP's and kept running into your error message whenever I ran ether_init. The critical thing here is that the AP is integrated. I finally found this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/ap802-integrated-access-point/200047-AP802-Image-Recovery.html

Because the flash on the 802 AP is accessible from the 887, you can copy the file onto the 887 and then extract it direct onto the 802AP.

Use this command to copy the 802AP firmware onto the 887

copy tftp flash:

then this to extract it onto the ap's flash

archive tar /xtract ap802-k9w7-tar.153-3.JC5.tar flash:1:

obviously, your tar might be newer than mine, but the important thing is that its flash:1: and not just flash:

I followed the article and switched back to the AP's console (ap:)

and keyed in this:

set BOOT flash:/ap802-k9w7-tar.153-3.JC5/ap802-k9w7-tar.153-3.JC5

reset

I might have got my path wrong as the reset had some errors at the start but it found the image to boot anyway. Once it was back up and running I did a

service-module wlan-ap0 reset default-config

and anything that might have been wrong in it was gone now and my ap was operational again.

If the built-in AP has gone into ROMmon, then the easiest method to force the AP to boot into autonmous is to reboot the router and the AP.  

The router has a special partition where an autonomous IOS is hidden for an event like this. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card