Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with vWLC VLAN connectivity.

jasonrothwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have successfully configured a vWLC and I'm using central switching. The VMware interface and the switch interface is configured as a trunk. I have created 2 interfaces on the vWLC in addition to the management one (native vlan 24). The goal is 3 SSIDs each in their own VLAN (24, 30, 50). VLAN 24 and 50 are working fine each on a different SSID. The issue is VLAN 30. Everything is setup the same as the other VLANs except the SSID is using WEP for security and the others are using WPA2. The devices that need to connect to that SSID only support WEP, so I can't really change that. I've gone over this so many times, my head is spinning. I first thought it may be a DHCP issue, but I gave the devices a static and they still wouldn't communicate. 

Thanks. 

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Can you share some screenshot of the config of your vWLC and switch as well please?
Before jumping in vWLC, have you tried simply to connect a wired device on vlan 30 to validate all infrastructure? (DHCP, vlan, communication...)

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Be aware the the support for central switching is limited with the vWLC. Which version of software are you currently using and with which type of APs? In addition, please post the output of the "debug client <MAC>" command when the client tries to associate with the network.

jasonrothwell
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. I actually figured out how to get the devices connected using WPA2 instead of WEP. For some reason, WEP seemed to be the issue. With WPA2, all seems to be working now. 

Thanks for letting us know. Glad your issue is solved.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card