Views
Helpful
Replies

Just starting out with wireless...

incyte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an ethernet network with a Win2k domain and what I would like to do is convert a few of the rooms to wireless. I'm not sure what I need to do to get started. I have looked at the US Robotics website and they have something called the Network Configuration Wizard, which basically, you tell it how many pc's and how many laptops and it will tell you what you need to purchase for wireless or ethernet. For wireless, all it said I needed were the wireless network cards and a wireless router. I don't understand how you would incorporate that into your existing wired network. Can someone explain to me Cisco's wireless solution and how you can incorporate that to your wired ethernet network.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely

Mark

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

First of all before starting any wireless implementation, you have to go for a site survey. The wireless Access point has an ethernet interface which can be connected to your ethernet switch. This will enable the wireless network to be an extension of your wired network.

ashish_gupta
Level 1
Level 1

hi

just click on the wireless design guide that appears in the right of this forum under related links. it has detailed listings for wireless setup

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card