cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAG between WLC and Juniper EX-4200

jantonio.moron
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to enable LAG between WLC and a Juniper switch EX-4200 but it is not working.

In the lab i managed to enable LACP between Cisco 2960 and juniper EX-4200 and works with the atached configs that i found on juniper forum. Also LACP between Cisco 2960 and WLC works with te same config, but never between the WLC and Juniper. I've tried with passive mode and slow mode, always seems that juniper is not seeing the WLC BPDUs. I tried with WLC 4402 and 5508 both with 7.0 firmware.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The WLC doesn't negotiate a protocol for LAG. You need to be able to set the mode to "on" on the switch. LACP or PaGP may work at times but per the configuration guides it is supposed to be on.

HTH,

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Sorry, but the switch has no mode on, only lacp active or passive.

I don´t understand why the juniper works with the 2960 and does not with the WLC. What does or doesn´t do the WLC?

Michael King
Level 1
Level 1

So only 8months later, but I have 3 5508's connected to EX4200's.

First setup your Aggreated Ethernet Interface

set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode trunk

set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members MID-3rd-WLAN01

set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members MID-3rd-WLC01

And then add interfaces to your AE0

set interfaces ge-4/0/37 ether-options 802.3ad ae0

Works like a charm

Michael,

Your post couldn't have been timelier. Thanks so much for following up and posting this great set of instructions. Worked perfectly for me and saved me several hours of hunting for the solution in Junos documentation. 5*!

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card