Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Integration for Guest Access on WCS

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a WCS and we use it for guest wireless access at the minute through a seperrate DSL link. Is it possible to integrate guest access with LDAP. The intent with this is to allow internal users to connect their personal devices (e.g. iPhones/iPads/Android) devices for convenience and be allowed to access services that we traditionally block (e.g. personal email) via the guest access mecahnism.

Thanks,
Derek

4 Replies 4

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Yep, easily achieved, you just need a RADIUS server to provide that integration piece between WLC and AD.  Any Cisco or MS RADIUS box will do.

I don't see any option for LDAP on the WCS. I have a ACS server and I see the LDAP option on the WLC, but how is this integrated to the WCS? Is their security implications with integrating Guest access with LDAP?

Thanks,

Derek

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Derek,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Configuring an LDAP Server Template

This section explains how to configure a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server as a backend database, similar to a RADIUS or local user database. An LDAP backend database allows the controller to query an LDAP server for the credentials (username and password) of a particular user. These credentials are then used to authenticate the user. For example, local EAP may use an LDAP server as its backend database to retrieve user credentials.

To add an LDAP server template or make modifications to an existing LDAP server template, follow these steps:

Please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/temp.html#wp1129523

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card