cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP on 4400 setup troubles

patrickgemme
Level 1
Level 1

I want to setup a WLAN to authenticate through LDAP. I'm running 4.1.171.0 on the controller.

I setup the LDAP server (it pings, and believe base DN etc. is correct). I put LDAP first in the Auth Priority. I then setup a WLAN to have the LDAP server in the Security->AAA Servers list. Checked the 'Local EAP Authentication' and picked a Local EAP profile. My local EAP profile has EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, Local Certificate, Client Certificate - all checked. The Issuer I kept Cisco.

That is all I see in the Configuration Guide for release 4.1 and I'm confused about the next step. How do I actually use LDAP? Following the above steps, I still have an unsecure WLAN that I can connect to without authenticating. I know it does not yet work for the Web Authentication. Do I (can I) use 802.1X? I am guessing that I need to turn on a Layer 2 or 3 security, but I'm at a loss.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

When you create a new WLAN, 802.1x is the default Layer 2 security mechanism. This setting forces a wireless client to first successfully authenticate by EAP before getting network access.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card