cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LEAP authentication failures

hinesd
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing intermittent authentication failures on mobile carts. Most times, this is associated when the PC is re-booted.

We are using Win2K clients with Cisco cards (ACU ver 1.1.10) Cisco 1210 AP's with G installed IOS ver 12.2.15.

Roaming works well, but we continue to get the authentication error on boot. The error indicates that the domain can not be found.

Any help would be appreciated

2 Replies 2

marcbutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This error of the of the domain not being found, is that step 5 of the LEAP authentication window, "Finding Domain Controller" registering as "Failed"?

If it is, then this is an erroneous error message that Cisco thought they had fixed in the version of the ADU you are running. Basically, they fixed the issue of it taking ages to come back with any status, but does not give accurate status. I have tried this repeatedly on a vanilla XP build and have found that whether it returns "Success" or "Failed", the logon script would still map the drive everytime I tried it. So, the best indicator is for you to see if any systems policies, including logon scripts, are actually running or not on your clients.

Hope that helps.

Marc

Marc, Thanks for the reply. We are not even getting that far. We are using a "auto-login" function on the client device. The user does not enter any credentials. This account exists within AD. I am beginnig to think that it is a timing issue within the Windows boot process, where the Doamin authentication is loading before the LEAP process takes place. No transpor - No Domain kind of thing.

If we manually enter the password after the domain timeout, we authticate fine, and LEAP works. THe problem is just getting by the initial login.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card