Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limited Access Connectivity

Hi,

We are using 5508 WLAN controllers in our corporate environment. Few users started getting Limited Access Connectivity. Eventhough we enable and disable wifi adapter it was the same case..The signal strength of the Radio is Excellend and when i see ipconfig..it was showing 169.X.X.X .... default IP...

13 Replies 13

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Few questions to you

Is it s open wlan. if not has the clients passed authentication

is your DHCP pool full

Thanks

NikhiL

The DHCP is having enough IPs. yes user authentication is happening. but wifi status in laptop shows connected but says no internet access. It shows the proper signal in the task bar but with yellow mark...

What does the

show cleint detailed

in the WLC give

Thanks

NikhiL

I am in web view of my WLC...i can see who are all authenticated as in Monitor -> clients. But not sure of the command which you are asking?  can you brief me the possible reasons for getting Limited Access in a wifi environment?

can u paste the screen short of the client details

Sorry Nikhil i am not allowed to that..Can you share the information which you are looking for or guide what information is required to sort out this issue.

Just want to make sure, the clients authentication is successful, If the client authentication is successful, and if other clients are able to join the same SSID and if the DHCP pool is not full, then you should check if there is anything specific to the user name that you are using. can you associate to the SSID with the same username from any other laptop

Thanks

NikhiL

Client authentication is successful.  Yes other clients are able to join the same SSID.

One more thing, one user who is able to connect to wifi at his cubicle is getting limited connectivity if he moves to any conference room. In the same conference room other users are able to authenticate and successfully connecting to the wifi with same SSID. The user who is not able to connect in the conferece room, eventhough if he enable / disable wifi adapter or if he restarts also the same getting limited access..if he moves again to his cubicle he is able to connect to wifi...I am sure DHCP pool is not full. If DHCP scope is full we get a notification from monitoring system.

Are you using any kind of filtering based on username or mac address

No filters applied at all. we have separate VLANs configured for guest access apart from normal user.

The 802.1x authentication is based on username or mac address

It is based on username.

If you see this type of issue when there is about 10+ users in a given area/ap and some connect and others can't. Make sue you disable client load balancing in the WLAN SSID advanced tab.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card