cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load threshold violation alarms - recommended threshold values?

billpremo
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding what value should be used as a trigger for load threshold violation alarms for both 802.11 (a/n/ac) or 802.11 (b/g/n) ?  We are using the default value of 12 at this time but I am thinking this may be too low.  We are a campus environment and I've seen as many as 50 clients connected to a single AP at a time, and I've personally been connected to an AP that had over 30 clients connected and did not experience a degradation in service.

We are using 5508's running 8.0.110 and a mix of 3502I's and 3602I's, with a couple of 3502E's.  In the near future we are going to install a few 3702I's as well.

Any thoughts regarding any thresholds would be helpful as I've only been able to find Cisco's documentation and what they list as default.

Thanks!

Bill

1 Reply 1

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

12 you can use, the SNR scale is 3-50 , to customize it follow

1. In the WLC GUI, go to the main heading of Wireless and select the Network option for the WLAN standard of choice on the left side (802.11a or 802.11b/g). Then, select Auto RF in the upper right of the window.

2. In the Auto RF Global parameters page, find the Profile Thresholds section. In this section, you can find the Coverage (3 to 50 dbm) value. This value is the user configurable coverage profile value.

3. This value can be edited to influence the Client SNR threshold value. The other way to influence this SNR threshold is to increase the transmit power and compensate the coverage hole detection.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card