cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

log wireless

albertog
Level 1
Level 1

I have one printer zebra with a printserver wireless + card Cisco aironet 350 series.

When I have configured the printer and the card, the Ap give me the next log.( atthached).

¿ what is the motive ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

See if you can uncheck Aironet extensions on the 350 series and see if that helps!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a008009483e.shtml

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hey Albert,

Just happened to take a look @ the logs. Well the messages in there are not that descriptive.

The first event in the log may be due to interference or even if there was a delay in association with the AP. And is not much of a problem. You may get this message even at a timeout while association.

Whereas the second one clearly states that the authentication failed. Please let me know what's the security feature in use in this particular setup. And also some details on the AP & configurations would help determining why this message was logged.

Is there any issue that you face which corresponds to this exent log messages? Maybe I can help you with this.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik Narasimhan

Hi there,

I didn't have the time to look at the log but I can tell you that the older Zebras use 350s and they use... SHARED authentication. Also, the printer will accept the WEP only in HEX.

I hope this helps,

ME

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card