Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for standalone AP

kpoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am looking for a standalone AP that can have seperate guest SSID. We have about 20-30 devices connected on a given day. I've looked at 1140, 1260 but not sure what exactly the differences are besides one has internal antenna. There are also other models such as 1042, 1142, 1262, etc. kinda confusing.

What is your suggestion?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The AP's with external antennas are more rugged and the internal antenna ap's are more for the office type environment.  Not much of a difference in performance, each AP, does have their unique RF patteren.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you don't want the external antennas, the only main difference between the 1142 and the 1040 is that the 1142 is a 2x3x:2 and the 1040 is a 2x2:2.

So two receive two transmit and two spatial streams for the 1040 and two transmit and three receive and two spatial streams for the 1142.

The 1040 is the low end version of the 1142.

-Scott

I would go with the 1142:)

-Scott

Thanks, so the 1260 is the same as 1140 but with external antennas? There's no performance or feature advantages?

The AP's with external antennas are more rugged and the internal antenna ap's are more for the office type environment.  Not much of a difference in performance, each AP, does have their unique RF patteren.

-Scott

thank you very much!

No problem. Thanks for using the rating system.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card