cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost password Cisco on AIR-AP-1800S-A-K9 after factory reset

abidi1212
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have lost username Cisco and Password Cisco after a factory reset on AIR-AP-1800S-A-K9, can not access sensor, how to fix it

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

try username: sensor, PW:password or original username and password if the reset button was pressed for more than 60 sec

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

Why give it a static, when you can use Mac address reservations.  That is a sensor and not an access point, so you need to use option 43 or DNS to discover DNAc.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1800/quick/guide/ap1800sgetstart.html#pgfId-107674

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you for reply, actually i am upgrading it for one of our client and they want me to do it manually, they will later use it in their wireless environment, well you have provided the solution, i have made my switch a dhcp sever and  my laptop a dhcp client, sensor is also getting POE and IP from server, all good now

11 Replies 11

abidi1212
Level 1
Level 1

Can any one help?

try username: sensor, PW:password or original username and password if the reset button was pressed for more than 60 sec

-hope this helps-

Thank you so much i can access, please one more help, if possible, i manually entered ip address using cli #capwap ap ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0, now i cannot use capwap ap erase command on cli, it shows error, when i use capwap ap, how can i fix, i highly appreciate if you can give me some solution.

paste The error 

have you tried physical reset ?

-hope this helps-

AP#ap-type capwap

IPC socket server not ready for capwapd. Try after few moments, Errno: 2

after upgrading the firmware using capwap ap ip, netmask command, i can not get back to capwap by using ap-type capwap command 

abidi1212
Level 1
Level 1

I have one AIP-AP1800S-A-K9 with version 1.3.3.0, i am trying to give static ip with following command #capwap ap ip x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0 x.x.x.x but due to old version CAPWAS is not enable, is there any other way to give static ip to wired 0 interface, please share.

Why give it a static, when you can use Mac address reservations.  That is a sensor and not an access point, so you need to use option 43 or DNS to discover DNAc.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1800/quick/guide/ap1800sgetstart.html#pgfId-107674

-Scott

Does DNA center have free access or can i create a free account on  DNA center ? all i have a console adaptor that i am using to upgrade IOS, i have completed 10 sensors, but this one has old version 1.3.3.0 and capwap is disable, thank you for the reply anyway!!!

DNA is not free at all.  What is the purpose of upgrading these sensors if you don't have DNA?  Have you looked at the 1800S install or deployment guide for further reference?  Again, if you don't have DNA, I don't know how you would be able to just upgrade and why?  You don't need a static, because you can always figure out what ip address the sensor gets from the switch port and trace the Mac back to the DHCP server or even capture the packet from the switch port.  

What are you trying to accomplish?

-Scott

Thank you for reply, actually i am upgrading it for one of our client and they want me to do it manually, they will later use it in their wireless environment, well you have provided the solution, i have made my switch a dhcp sever and  my laptop a dhcp client, sensor is also getting POE and IP from server, all good now

Cool... glad that worked out.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card