cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost wireless connection

jmanevski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have problem with my wireless network. This is point-to-point network with one AIR-BR350-E-K9 (working in AP mode) and one AIR-WGB352R (as client) . The destination between two points are about 4 kilometers. I use AIR-ANT1949 (Yagi, 13.5 dBi) on both sides. Optical view is OK. This wireless link work very good in the 8 months ago. In the last week I have problem with link. I lost connection on every 15-20 minutes. If I restart AIR-BR350-E-K9 connections is good again but after 15-20 minutes

go down again, and …. What can be reason for this problem? Maybe something has ideas for this?

Ps I have replaced two devices (BR and WGB with new firmwares) and two antennas but problem is still the same.

Best Regards,

Manevski Jovan, CCNA.

3 Replies 3

ayehtuno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I had smiliar situation about 2 years ago. It turned out that there was another wireless connection from different company that was using same ferquency mine. you may have the same problem.

Hi, thanks for answered of my question. I temporary solve my problem with change Power Injector, but now I have same problem again. Would you like to tell me how you resolve your problem 2 years ago?

Regards,

Jovan.

Hello, I had exactly the same problem. It wound up being another user or users 'hijacking' the AP. I finally put MAC addr security and WEP on it, and it has been up ever since. I didnt at first because its out in the middle of nowhere but that didnt seem to matter!

All is well now.

Bob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card