cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC OS client not able to auto-connect to SSID

ishwarbamane28
Level 1
Level 1

We have 9800 WLC deployed in our network. and sometimes it connects to the far access point.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the mac network settings for WIFI there is a tick box for remember/ automatically connect to SSID that you can select. MACOS also has a priority order by the list so if there is another SSID that it can see above the one you are looking for it will connect to that one first if it sees the RSSI/SNR/ Data Rates at what MACOS determines the best AP/SSID to join

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The body of your post seems to contradict versus the subject , can you elaborate ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

ishwarbamane28
Level 1
Level 1

We have 9800 WLC.

client device type was MacBook (Mac OS).

The client was not able to auto-connect to SSID. Not able to remember the SSID i.e. wireless network.

Hi

This option is configurable. But this is not a network or WLC problem, this is something you need to change on the client adapter.

- If the client is not able to remember the SSID , then that would be considered a client problem (only).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the mac network settings for WIFI there is a tick box for remember/ automatically connect to SSID that you can select. MACOS also has a priority order by the list so if there is another SSID that it can see above the one you are looking for it will connect to that one first if it sees the RSSI/SNR/ Data Rates at what MACOS determines the best AP/SSID to join

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card