Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh AP not able to get the AP to connect

Alex-Pr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have followed all the simple steps to bring up a MAP, but I can't see to get it to connect.

They are 1552e AP's and running 8.3.143 on a 5508

I have added the mac addresses to the AP profile.

I have one set in Bridge mode with type root AP, one set in bridge mode as Type meshAP and they have the same BGN

When the MAP AP is plugged in with a route to the WLC I can see the RAP in the Neighbor List but from the RAP, I don't see the MAP

On the MAP, When I remove the link and just run on the PoE or if I put it in on a Vlan that does not have routing to the WLC, it never comes up and I don't see any neighbors from the RAP.

Any suggestions???

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So in the past when I had to configure these things, I would make sure that I have the power injector for that model access point or the ac adapter.  Many of these units will not power up the radios using POE ports.  So when you have them connected to a POE switch, the radios are probably in a down state, so when you remove network, the RAP can never join the MAP.  Look at the power requirements in the data sheet.  Validate what you need and if that is what you are using or not.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card