Helpful
Replies

migrate from 2504 to 3504

ittechk4u1
Level 4
Level 4

Hello experts,

I have few questions:

Is 3504 is the right replacement product of 2504?

Do 3504 support HA AP-Client SSO or N+1 ?

What about licensing, do i have to buy adder license on both WLCs ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is 3504 is the right replacement product of 2504?  depends, how many APs you are using. If less then 100 APs then 3504 is a good choice.

Do 3504 support HA AP-Client SSO or N+1 ? It suppoort Client SSO + AP SSO and also supports N+1 High Availability.

What about licensing, do i have to buy adder license on both WLCs ? You just have to buy license for primary WLC. once primary is down secondary wlc will take over .

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HA AP Client SSO:

It's basically what we are used to in other WLCs, like the 5508 or 5520, one becomes the Active and the other becomes the Hot Standby, synchronization occurs through the Redundancy Port.

Thats right. Synchronization occurs through the Redundancy Port.

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is 3504 is the right replacement product of 2504?  depends, how many APs you are using. If less then 100 APs then 3504 is a good choice.

Do 3504 support HA AP-Client SSO or N+1 ? It suppoort Client SSO + AP SSO and also supports N+1 High Availability.

What about licensing, do i have to buy adder license on both WLCs ? You just have to buy license for primary WLC. once primary is down secondary wlc will take over .

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks a lot sandeep. If I understand your response correctly, this means we only need to buy the license for the primary controller, and the secondary will synchronize the license count from the primary, is it right ?

Thats right. Synchronization occurs through the Redundancy Port.

Thank you.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HA AP Client SSO:

It's basically what we are used to in other WLCs, like the 5508 or 5520, one becomes the Active and the other becomes the Hot Standby, synchronization occurs through the Redundancy Port.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card