cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Anchor requirements

roger perkin
Level 2
Level 2

Can anyone advise me if when creating a mobility anchor do the WLAN numbers have to match on both controllers? 

And do you use the mac address of the management interface or the burnt in address of the controller from Controller / inventory 

Or are they typically the same thing

That's it

Thanks

Roger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can anyone advise me if when creating a mobility anchor do the WLAN numbers have to match on both controllers? 

YES  No

Correction: I was wrong with my original response. WLAN ID does not need to match on both controllers. Thanks for George & Scott to correct me on this.

And do you use the mac address of the management interface or the burnt in address of the controller from Controller / inventory 

It should be burned-in MAC Address which you can find via "show sysinfo" output. See below post for mobility config via CLI, if you interested

https://mrncciew.com/2013/05/20/mobility-config-via-cli/

NO, those will be two different MAC addresses.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

YES  No

Correction: I was wrong with my original response. WLAN ID does not need to match on both controllers. Thanks for George & Scott to correct me on this.

It should be burned-in MAC Address which you can find via "show sysinfo" output. See below post for mobility config via CLI, if you interested

https://mrncciew.com/2013/05/20/mobility-config-via-cli/

NO, those will be two different MAC addresses.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks for your reply, I was about to ask what the relevance is for the WLAN ID as I always used to make them match but was involved with a project today where I did not have control of the remote end and their WLAN Id was 1 and mine was 3 and it worked fine. 

Then I see you have corrected your reply. 

Roger

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card