Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express AP's changing to 20 Mhz

kevin.eggimann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

we have a problem wiht one of our setups and i don't get whats wrong.

We have several AP's manually configured, 2.4 GHz deactivated on all of them and for 5Ghz we set 80 Mhz Band to all of them and manually chosen a channel and a signal strength.

So far so good, but after a few hours some of those AP's change to 20 Mhz Band.... So my questions:

1. Which setting is triggering this? Which setting makes the AP's change to 20 Mhz automatically - we don't want that.
2. I thought it's maybe one of the settings "Event Driven RRM" or "Clean Air Detection" but i can't uncheck those two features, it doesn't work.

Any help how we can achieve that the manual settings we apply on the AP's stay there and are not being automatically changed?

Many thanks
Andre

2 Replies 2

Configuration > Radio Configurations > RRM.

Set the Channel Width as required. You can choose the RF channel width as 20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80 MHz, 160 MHz, or Best. This is applicable only for 802.11a/n/ac (5 GHZ) radio.

kevin.eggimann
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Flavio. But this has been already set. We set every Access Point to 80 Mhz, but for some reasons some do automatically changed to a 20Mhz channel later, and i want to know how? Which setting overrides this?

Many thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card