cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Groups Help....

Mitch1973
Level 1
Level 1

Can an AP join a WLC in a different mobility group if this WLC IP is configured in the HA tab on the AP?

I have a 2x controllers at one site which has used a a primary and secondary but i have a 3rd controller at another site in a different mobility group and wanted to confirm if i set the 3rd WLC as tertiary the AP would failover to this controller even though the 3rd controller is in a different mobility group than controllers 1 & 2.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PhillippEckrmn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mitch, 

I'd say the AP will connect normally to the 3rd WLC once the primary and secondary are unreachable. The Mobility Group of the WLC doesn't matter for the AP to connect to it but keep in mind that the "failover" most likely will not be seamless. To minimize downtime make shure the 3rd WLC runs the same Firmware as the primary/secondary.

Kind Regards

Phillipp

Regards,
Phillipp

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

PhillippEckrmn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mitch, 

I'd say the AP will connect normally to the 3rd WLC once the primary and secondary are unreachable. The Mobility Group of the WLC doesn't matter for the AP to connect to it but keep in mind that the "failover" most likely will not be seamless. To minimize downtime make shure the 3rd WLC runs the same Firmware as the primary/secondary.

Kind Regards

Phillipp

Regards,
Phillipp
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card