cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Services Engine Can't Boot

nomadicwifi
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Mobility Sservices Engine can't boot up after a shutdown.

I had to move the MSE and went to the CLI to issue the shutdown command. The screen then turned black and displayed 'F2 to Setup'. I thought that was normal so I powered off the MSE and moved it.

When I power the MSE back on, using the console cable, it goes back to that earlier screen of 'F2 to Setup' and doesn't go any further or to the CLI screen. I think it crashes there because when I hit 'F2' it doesn't respond. I then try plugging a monitor and keyboard. I reboot the MSE, I can see then it loads the BIOS and see's the hdd etc then a screen with Cisco logo shows up. It crashes there and doesn't go any further. The numlock and capslock key stops responding. When the MSE boots up and BIOS loads, there is an option to hit 'F2 to enter setup'. I try hitting 'F2' but it doesn't go anywhere but crashes at the same point.

Something similar happened with a Cisco NAC before and all I had to do was reimage the entire device using the downloadable .iso and from Cisco and burn it into a disc. There isn't one for the Cisco MSE. Anyone had similar problem or knows the solution to this?

Thanks.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card