cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving WLC to a new Data Center

nikolas-pereira
Level 1
Level 1

Our Data Center "B" is going to move, and we have a WLC 5508 with 100 Access Points. To prevent the access points from not working, the customer wants to replicate all the settings from the WLC 5508 in Data Center B to a WLC 5508 in Data Center "A" with 110 other Access Points.

Basically, I would like to know if exists any way to replicate the settings from the WLC in Data Center B to the WLC in Data Center A without losing the settings already existing in the WLC in DC A that will receive the new access points.

note: In the future the DC A WLC will be the only one. But not now. So its cool to exists this configs from DC B WLC in.

3 Replies 3

Use one AP in siteB 

Copy config from WLC 5500 series in siteA to tftp 

Then download it to wlc 5500 in siteB 

Then check in siteB if AP can connect or not

MHM

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can take a configuration backup of the WLC-B configuration , and restore that on the WLC-A controller, some parameters related to basic networking may need to be changed ; you can always review  a configuration with :
   WirelessAnalyzer input (procedure) for AireOs controllers
            And feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer

5508 is an outdated platform , better projects are to move to 9800 controller/architectures , included!!

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Understood. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card